No Rest For The Weary

I searched and searched there are no schools in a 100 mile radius that have the Physical Therapist Assistant Program other than the one I've already applied to. We can't afford to move closer to another school, so that's just not an option. I have decided that I will try to apply again next year. Disappointment I can handle, defeat I will never allow.

Once I got over my self-pity I looked around my house and saw a horrid mess! So of course I have been scrubbing my ass off. On the up side, my house looks better and better and I've even burned a few calories. :)

This past Saturday my Brother In Law (BIL1) was married. The wedding and reception was beautiful! I convinced Lee to wear pink and the girls and I had coordinating dresses. Don't we look like a nice happy family?





Sunday we threw a surprise birthday party for my Dad at my house. I went really well! He was more surprised that my younger sister and I were together and he didn't ask us to be. The party was nothing huge, just a few friends, family, his favorite 70's music, and his favorite cake, beer and pie. My best friend Christina was there and boy did she get tipsy! She ended up passing out on the couch in her husbands lap. She seemed to have a good time though.

After everyone left the party, and the girls were down for the night, Lee and I took a sigh of relief and crawled into bed. About 3am Christina started drunk texting, I just ignored her and tried to go back to bed, but we all knew Lee couldn't do that. He texted her back telling her that unless there are naked women pix he doesn't want a text at 3am. (What a smart ass.)

Finally at 4 am everyone was sleeping well! All of a sudden Lee and I wake to this ear piercing beeping sound. At first I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I realized... MY SMOKE DETECTOR IS GOING OFF!!! Lee and I jump out of bed, I run to the other end of the house to the girls, Lee goes straight to the smoke detector. I realize, first of all I don't smell smoke, secondly the walls were cold. I searched the house over for any sign of fire; nothing. Lee took the smoke detector off the wall.... SPIDERS! Spiders set off the smoke alarm!

We finally made it to bed once our adrenaline levels went down, but of course by then it was time to wake up.

So that's where I've been! I don't believe things around here will ever be truly "calm".

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template