Allergic to What?





Allergies are as common as water now... seems that everyone is allergic to something. In my family we now have 3 out of 4 people allergic to one or several things.

Lee: Shellfish
Me: Codeine, synthetic codeine, cephelasporin antibiotics, and Detrol.
Angel: It is looking more and more like she is allergic to milk
Thankfully we have not seen Renee have any reactions to anything yet.

This poor child has been suffering for a while with this one (almost 3 years now)and no one could figure out what was causing the problem. I have to take her to a doctor to confirm, but I'm almost 100% sure.

She has this problem where she vomits a little bit after every meal, has eczema on her arms and hands, and gets these dark circles under her eyes a lot *they almost look like bruises*.

When this first started it was just the eczema, so I started monitoring everything that her hands touched and thought it was an allergy to soap because her daycare had changed soaps about the time this started. I sent Benadryl cream and dial soap to daycare with her and the eczema would disappear when she used the Benadryl. So for 3 years now I assumed it was a soap allergy.

In the past year she has begun to vomit a little bit after almost every meal. I had taken her to the doctor and we both thought it was just acid reflux. However, when she is on Prilosec twice a day and she still vomits after almost every meal, it has to be more than acid reflux.

My husband and I decided we would journal our meals and when she vomits for a while then compare them. What we found was quite impressive. After she eats anything with milk products in it... she vomits. When we remove milk from her diet, her vomiting stops.

I went to the store yesterday and bought some soy milk for her so she can at least eat cereal in the morning, and we are taking her to the doctor next week. The scary part is that most people who are allergic to milk products also have allergies to other things, so for a while I will be monitoring her very closely to watch for allergic reactions.

Poor baby :(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Best friend can't drink or eat anything with dairy ( or milk I guess in it) and didn't develop the allergy until she was in 4th grade. She takes lactate pills and can eat everything that she used too even ice cream!!Although she tends to stay away from yogurt and lots of cheese but never developed any other allergies! I hope the best for Angel

House Wife said...

Thank you... we will keep everyone updated on what we know.

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template