Christmas Traditions Unfolded

Christmas is close. Too close. I am not a big person in the commercialism of Christmas. I look around and see children all focusing on what they are going to get and how many presents will be under the tree. It just irritates me. What happened to tradition, and celebrating the birth of Christ? It's not even about the presents. I remember as a child we spent most of the day at Church. In the morning we would open our presents, then get dressed and go to church. When we came home we would have a nice dinner, and spend time together for the rest of the evening. It was about family, and appreciation for all the sacrifices that Jesus made to save us. The presents were merely a part of it. Now it seems that all people care about are the presents.

So there you go, that's why I am in a blah mood. I just wish that there was some tradition in the celebration.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template