The Accident Part Two

So where were we.... Oh yes... The ambulance finally arrived.

A tall large man (later to be known as Big'n) came up to my car. He started yelling, "HEY GUYS SHE'S ALIVE! SHE'S REALLY ALIVE!!" I looked up at him and grabbed my stomach. "My baby." is all I could get out. "There's a baby out there guys! FIND IT!!!" he yelled. I kept saying no and patting my stomach. I couldn't figure out the word I was supposed to be telling him. I just kept patting my stomach. He finally asked, "Are you pregnant?" I just nodded.
"Holy FUCK! She's pregnant!" Big'n says
I hear another man on a phone asking what time someone could get here. Another man approaches my mangled vehicle and tells Big'n it'll be 20 minutes before life flight can get here.
The EMS driver, Adrian says, "Oh hell guys Mike and I can get her there in less than 20 minutes just get me an escort." (Normally the trauma hospital is a 30-45 minute drive depending on traffic).

Adrian tells me that they are going to put a sheet over me so that they can cut me out of the car. They lay the sheet over me and began using the jaws of life. The smell was horrid, a mix of oil, gas, burning rubber, airbag dust, and blood. It sounded like a chainsaw cutting steel and someone breaking glass.

When it was all over they were finally able to get me on to a board. Big'n looks at me and says, "We have to straighten your legs out to get you out okay? It's gonna hurt." I nodded my head. A man grabs my right leg and detaches it from the bind between the seat belt and steering wheel. I begin to scream a earsplitting scream that pierced the ears of everyone within eyesight. The man then handed my leg to Adrian who held it in place. I began to feel my blood running cold on my body toward my head.

The man grabs my left foot that was resting by my face and begins the painstaking process of untwisting and unfolding it. By this time pain did not feel real and the adrenaline rush from the moment before was still in effect.

The men load me on the board and slowly slide me out of the vehicle.

That's when I seen the man who hit me.
"You mother fucker! I swear to God I'm going to kill you!" I began yelling; at that point in time, if I could have gotten up, I probably would have.
*Leave it to me to talk shit on a stretcher*

The paramedics load me up and we leave for the hospital. About 2 miles from the hospital the police escort started getting further ahead of us. Then all of a sudden I feel a big jolt! Adrian says, "Damn it, fucking dumb ass just hit us!" Apparently some idiot thought it would be funny to try to cut off an ambulance. Stupid person ended up in some big trouble over that one.

The ambulance arrived at the ER where there was a Pediatric Critical Care Dr., A high risk OB, Trauma Surgeon, Orthopedic surgeon, Neurologist, and Radiologists all waiting for me.

It was a long roller coaster ride but almost 7 years later. More than 30 surgeries, and some amazing surgeons, I can walk, and live a pretty normal life. I can't run long distances, and I can't wear heels much at all. But I'm here, and functioning!

And people wonder why I named my daughter Angel?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template