How Was My Birthday You Ask?

Finally things have started to calm down around here.

Friday was my birthday, and a very very crappy day indeed. It started that morning, hot and muggy, Angel had field day at school, so of course Renee and I had to attend. *Don't get me wrong I love going to see Angel at school, but it was just to miserable out* Renee fussed the whole time and by the end of it I was ready for a nap.

Did I get my nap? Nope, as soon as we were done with field day I come home to see that my massive trash can has been dumped everywhere and spread through the cul-de-sac. *Happy birthday to me!* It took me what seemed like forever to finally get it all cleaned up.

I come in to take a shower and I have no hot water! AHHHHHH! NO NO NO! As it turns out we had a hot water leak, a very small one in the garage, but it was an easy fix with some plumbers putty.

After my cold shower, I go and get Angel from school. Lee was still at work and as dinner time approached, it was more clear that Lee would not be making it home in time for dinner or to take Angel to her friends birthday party.

The girls and I ran to Wendy's for dinner and then to Pump-It-Up. I swear to you those inflatable party places are a colorful overinflated hell! The birthday party ended at about 8:30 so I rushed home and put the girls in bed.

9 p.m. and I still didn't have 1 birthday card. I was feeling SO upset. My neighbor, Diva came over and finally gave me a card and a Malibu and orange juice drink. Okay so maybe it was just Malibu with a splash of OJ, but man it was nice.

10 pm Lee finally comes trolling home. I was so ready for bed, but he insisted I stay awake. Lee then hands me a small bag with a USED PS2 game and a (so weird it's cute) card. After the day I had he was lucky I took the crappy gift so well. All I did was look at it and say, "Oh a used game... thank you. Well I'm tired I'm going to go to bed now." That's when the neighbors boyfriend came over with a massive box.

He sat the box down in my lap. I looked down and read, "Magic Bullet, Can do any job in 10 seconds or less." The only thought in my head at this point is, "At least it's better than a fucking used game." I opened the box, and much to my surprise... a Wii Fit! :) I was quite satisfied with that.

We stayed up and talked a while longer before went to bed. I suppose it could have been much worse. :)

So what was a bad birthday day for you? How did it turn out?

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template