Knocked out Hopes and Washed down Dreams

Sorry I haven't been blogging much. I am in self pitty mode right now. I didn't get the job :(. They hired a nurse with more experience than me. The said that they would keep my resume on file for future reference... but we all know how that usually goes. So here I still sit at home :(. It looks like I may have to go back to working at a restaurant... blah.

On the up side of things, my husband bought a Wii a few days ago! We were all very excited about it until we found out we got a defective wiimote. *Bummer!* Luckily my dad let us borrow his until ours gets back from Nintendo.

Now for the other stuff...

Sunday Angel, Renee, and I were outside playing. The guy across the street invited us to come over and play with his kids and the trampoline. We were soon followed by Naughty Neighbor. Renee and I stayed in the yard and just ran around and played with basketballs, while all the other kids played on the trampoline.
"Mommmmmyyyyyyyyy!" Angel screams about 30 minutes into playing. My heart sunk as I turned my head to her and seen blood everywhere. "My toot is gone! NN kicked it out!" I grab Renee and dart over to Angel. I yell out to our neighbor to get a cold wet washcloth for me.

While I'm cleaning the blood up and applying pressure Angel says to me "I lot my tut." "You what?" I ask. "I L-O-T MY T-U-T!" as she points to her mouth. "Oh you lost your tooth? I know baby it's okay." "No Mom, I lot it in the gratt." So after we stop her bleeding we start the search for the missing tooth in the grass.... somewhere in a 3 foot radius of the trampoline. After about an hour of searching we finally find it... a tiny baby tooth in the grass.

I get the girls home and washed up. I rinse off the tooth put it in a bag feed the kids dinner and let them play in their rooms for a while. Then Angel comes up to me crying hysterically. "I dropped it Mom! It's gone! It went down the drain!" I look at her dumbfounded and ask the obvious question, "What went down the drain?"
"My tooth! I was trying to brush it because it was dirty and I dropped it!" *So now after all our efforts to find the tooth in the grass, we lose it to a drain... AHHHH! You little bastard you are not getting away that easy!* I close off the sink and ask Angel if she ran any water yet... no.... good. I told her not to use the sink at all and maybe dad will be able to get it out for us.

Well... Lee didn't get home until late that night so Angel wrote the Tooth Fairy a note

Dear to the tothe fere
I lost my tothe by draging it bawn the brain. dut can you still give my sum muny?
Love
Angel


Now what Tooth Fairy can deny a child who really tried that hard? Normally the Tooth Fairy gives Angel a buck a pop, but this time Angel only got $0.50. Like Angel said the Tooth Fairy probably only gives dollars to real teeth.

2 comments:

prettygentleone said...

LOL!!! That's so cute! Glad the tooth fairy didn't totally dismiss her for the tooth that went MIA. :)

BTW, Housewife, I nominated you to do something... if you're game I'd really like to see your response:
http://lifeunderarock.wordpress.com/2009/03/23/why-i-love-hubby-the-torch/

Ed Ngai said...

Sweet I'll remember this when I have a child one day!

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template