The interview went... um, well I'm not really sure. It was the quickest interview I've ever been on, I swear to you five minutes would have been pushing it. I waited longer than we spoke.
I was sitting in the waiting room when Dr. Johnastin comes up to me and introduces herself. I introduce myself and we shake hands. She walks me back to her office and asks me a couple of questions about my resume. I answer them, then she asks, "What would your previous employer have to say about you?" "They would probably say that I didn't miss any days and let them know in advance of any time off I needed." I told Dr. Johnastin "However, I'm not sure if they would say that I would be considered for rehire because after my maternity leave (they already know I have kids after all it is the same office my children go to) was over I tried to call them but no one would ever return my calls." The Dr. gives me this peculiar look. I then told her that I didn't know exactly why they would not call me back, but she can call them if they like.
The Dr. stands up shakes my hand and tells me that they would like to call a few of my previous employers, and payroll decides what I would make. I stood there kind of puzzled by her sentence.... She hands me a business card and tells me to call them if I have not heard from someone by Monday. The Dr. then leads me out the back door which leads to a hallway. She points to the elevators and closes the door behind me.
I don't know how to interpret her behavior.... I honestly can't decipher if it was a good interview or not.
2 comments:
That's a tough call. Is this the same doc your kids actually see (since often, several docs are in the same office)?
I think I'd be rather confused by it, as well. I would think that they would call your past employers and/or references before they called you in for an interview. At least, if I were the employer, I would... seems it would save a lot of face-time for everyone.
Either way, let us know. :) And good luck!
That's definitely odd to say the least, but doctors tend to be pretty short people, in my experience.
If she hasn't even called your previous employers yet, I'm willing to bet she just wanted a good look at you to make sure you weren't a whackadoo.
Post a Comment