Children and Charities

This weekend the local children's hospital had their annual radiothon. When Angel heard the stories of those sick kids she emptied her piggy bank and asked if it was enough to save them. I told her it was a start. Then we decided to get the Naughty Neighbor and go door to door on Saturday. The girls and I walked from 10:30 am to about 4:00pm collecting donations.

They worked so hard and I am so very proud of them!
They would walk up to the door and take turns ringing the doorbell.
Angel would start with, "Would you like to donate some change to..."
NN would kick in then and say, "The Monroe Carell Jr."
And they both would say, "Children's Hospital?"
It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen.
They even remembered to thank everyone even if they didn't donate.

After all their hard work we came home and counted the change and bills. It totaled $150.50. They were so proud, we were all proud of them. So then we let the girls eat and packed them up to head down to the hospital.

We get down to the hospital and they had just announced the grand total. :(
At first the girls were very disappointed, but then a DJ came up to them, and took their names, and promised them the chance to give the money they collected.
I spoke with the DJ and he connected me with the directer at the Children's Miracle Network who agreed to meet the girls at their school today and collect the money.

At 1pm today she is going to meet me at the girls school. We are going to pull them out of class and allow the girls to present their donations, in exchange the director will give them goodie bags and take pictures.

I just know it's going to make their day! I am so excited for them!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow that is wonderful! You are such a good mom getting the kids to contribute so young!! What a sweet little girl you have!

MJ said...

That's so exciting! It's a great thing to start teaching kids at a young age what a wonderful and fulfilling experience it is to give to others.

Such a touching story.

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template