I have been staring at this blank screen trying to think of something to fill it with....
It's not that I don't have anything to say, I just have too much, and it's a matter of filtering out what's not all that important.
Okay, First, let me thank God for keeping Lee safe yesterday. I'm not sure if I have mentioned it before, but my husband is a local truck driver. He doesn't do long haul runs because he enjoys being home every night.
Yesterday my Lee was on a back road (he had just finished a residential delivery), and headed back toward the terminal. The road he was on was definitely not made for big rigs...
Yesterday my Lee was on a back road (he had just finished a residential delivery), and headed back toward the terminal. The road he was on was definitely not made for big rigs...
This was the what he told me:
"I was headed down this hill and started to drive past a driveway, when a car turned their headlights on... I turned to look at it and when I turned my head back the trailer jumped off the curb." He started grabbing and untucking his shirt. "I was on a hill and there was a dip toward the shouldher of the road. So the trailer tipped. I had my seat belt on so it didn't throw me out of the seat, but when I turned my steering wheel the trailer tipped the other way, and I ended up correcting it, but I tell ya... I've never felt my balls in my throat until then."
He then pulls up his shirt and shows me where the seat belt tore into him a little. It wasn't bad, he was just more shaken up then anything. It shook me up just hearing about it.
I've been saying silent prayers, thanking God, and asking him to keep Lee safe all morning. I don't know what I'd do if I lost him.
4 comments:
I have been in a car accident before and it has to be the scariest thing i have experienced.
Hope your husband's okay and not too startled.
Ohmygoodness! I'm so glad he is safe. I know how it feels to constantly say prayers for him to come home safe!
So glad he's safe at home with you! I used to drive myself insane imagining what "could be happening" to my husband while he was at work... This would be enough to bring all that flooding back.
He must be very good at what he does since he pulled the big rig outta that mess!
Thank you all! Thankfully he is not too shaken up. And thankfully he has enough experience to pull himself out of some situations like that.
Post a Comment