How To Screw Up An Interview

Yup I totally screwed up an interview! It's okay though, once I found out the job was commission only, I wasn't really interested.

I was sitting in this high rise office talking with a quite handsome but intimidating man in a suit. I was dressed in a suit myself, but felt quite naked without a desk in front of me. We begin speaking and discussing the business. It was a marketing company that did, "presentations". I was unable to find a lot of information out about this company on the Internet so I was hoping for the best and ended up somewhere else.

He asked me how I would market a service for small business owners. I of course mentioned television, radio and bill boards. He then asked me if I would use door to door sales. I said no, so he asked why. *Now I wish I would have just shut my mouth* I told him I didn't think that would be the most effective form. Then he asked me why.... and I had to open my big fat mouth. I told him that most people I know would find that irritating. *Boy was my face red* He quickly informs me that this business basically does door to door sales for businesses. * I swear I just wanted to jump out that plate glass window* I was mortified. I turned the interview around though by apologizing and telling him that, "I stand corrected." On the up side he did ask me to come back for a meet and greet with the VP and the team I would be working with. I will not be going back though.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although being able to totally tell how embarrassing this had to be for you I did actually crack a slight smile for you seemed to have handled it so well. Ha and how often we tend to say stuff and wish we had stuck our feet in you mouth. It is all well, though because everyone moves on at the end of the day. :)

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template