SAHM vs. GTWM

That's my dilemma....
Stay at home vs. Go to work
I am at a crossroads. On one hand I can stay at home with my children and make those two little lives the focus of my life. On the other hand I can go to work, put them in daycare and help my husband pay off all of our bills.

I know that being a SAHM has it's amazing benefits and isolating downfalls. I still feel like I am missing something though. I asked Angel what she though about it all;
"Angel? Do you remember when mommy worked?"
"Yes, Mommy."
"Okay, well... do you like it better now that mom is home all the time or when mommy worked?"
"I like you home."
"Why?"
"Because I get more mommy time and you make dinner a lot."
"What do you think about Mommy going back to work?"
"I don't want Renee in daycare away from me."

Now how sweet is that? I feel guilty wanting to go back to work when she says things like that. I've thought about just working part time (maybe a couple days a week) and maybe that could be the compromise.

Right now I'm not sure what I want. I just want something different.

2 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Hmmm, what about if you take out the word "want" and replace it with "need". What do you need?

House Wife said...

Need... hmm... that's a big word. I don't need to work, financially we are fine and my children need me more at home. I just want to contribute financially and give myself outside communication.

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template