Lee and I argued all day yesterday. We argued over everything from kids, to money, to character flaws. It just seemed like one of those days.
Today I found the humor in all of it. See...when I argue I tend to use large words to describe things. *I have a pretty extensive vocabulary* My husband *bless his heart* has the vocabulary of a high school freshman. He never found it necessary to learn to spell past the everyday language or learn new words.
Today I began thinking about yesterdays argument and realized that he didn't know that I really insulted him. I started yelling at him, "You are such a narcissistic sociopathic fuck tard!" Him: "I am not a fuck tard!" At the time it didn't even hit me that he had no idea what a narcissist or a sociopath is.
So today I am re-envisioning the argument with a comedic twist...
Me: "You are such a narcissistic sociopathic fuck tard!"
Him: "Hold on!" *as he gets the dictionary* "S-O-C... is that spelled with at c or an s?"
Me: "C!" *tapping foot*
Him: "SO·CI·O·PATH (sō'sē-ə-pāth',) One who is affected with a personality disorder marked by antisocial behavior. so'ci·o·path'ic"
Him: "AN·TI·SO·CIAL (ān'tē-sō'shəl,) Antagonistic toward or disrespectful of others; rude.
Me:raising eyebrows
Him: "AN·TAG·O·NIST (ān-tāg'ə-nĭst) One who opposes and contends against another."
He looks up from the dictionary, " You called me antisocial, rude, disrespectful and opposing in one word?!?
Me: "Forget it... I'm going to bed."
Him yelling across the room: "How do you spell narcissistic? NAR..."
See how funny that argument could have been if he would choose to educate himself on what words really mean?
Okay so arguing is not really funny... but it could be!
0 comments:
Post a Comment