It seems that my blog is turning into one long rant after another. I know most of you probably don't read much anymore, and I understand why. Please know that I don't have much of anywhere else to vent though. I do call my best friend, but I don't want to burden her with all of my meandering thoughts.
Just last night my husband got off work just a little before 8pm and told me he had to go to his mothers to give her a birthday card and gift. I asked him to stop at the store and pic up a few things as well. His mother lives about 20 minutes away so I figured he would be home around 10 or so.
10 came and went. I finally called him around 11 and he said he was on the interstate headed home and would stop at the Kroger down the street. At 5 to midnight he comes strolling in puts groceries on the counter and heads straight to the bathroom. I swear to you he reeked of alcohol. I smelled it when he went in and out of the bathroom.
I decided not to say anything to him then; I went to sleep. When I woke this morning he was already gone to work. I called him on the phone and spoke about nothingness for a while. After not mentioning a word about last night, I decide to bring it up. He tells me over and over that he wasn't drinking, but refuses to swear upon it. *I knew he was drinking.*
I call Christina and casually mention it so she in turn calls my husbands best friend Anthony.*Whom she is also friends with* She starts to shoot the breeze with Anthony and mentions that I had said Lee smelled like alcohol when he came home. Sure enough Anthony says they had been out at the bar together. Anthony makes Christina swear not to tell me *come on now what grade are we in?* but of course since Christina and I are best friends so she tells me.
I didn't let Lee know that I knew. I don't ever reveal my sources, if I did I wouldn't have any left. So I have decided to let Lee know that I don't believe him and that I know he smelled like alcohol. My nose doesn't lie! * I am going to stick to it and see if he cracks. Why would he lie to me about this? What the fuck is so important he feels like he has to lie to me about it?!? He won't even give me the benefit of the doubt and tell me.
If he keeps it up he'll be back to his old bachelor days in no time.
2 comments:
hey i still read! BUT I have been soooo busy lately and might not comment much. Yes I think the lying is a bad thing. If there is nothing to hide-why the hell lie? I never understood that, and even after you tell them they continue to lie! At least in my situations thats what happenned. Yea it sucks. They don't know we have our ways of finding out EVERYTHING-cause their stoopid!
You are soooo right Queenneenee! I have finally resorted to treating him like I do my six year old; listen to the story, and investigate to find out how much is true commenting only when necessary. LOL!
Post a Comment