I'm not as young as I used to be... I found this out the hard way yesterday.
It started at four a.m.; Renee woke up screaming, I get out of bed, and can't straighten my back. I was in so much pain my lower back felt like someone was ripping my muscles off my bone. I finally make it in to her room and pick her up. *She must have had a bad dream because all she needed was some comforting* A couple hours later at 6 a.m. the alarm goes off and I get out of bed... still sore. Luckily Lee was off work so all I had to do was get Angel ready for school.
While Angel was brushing her teeth I went out to the garage to start my van. Out of the corner of my eye I seen something like a dark shadow scurry across the garage. I turn my head just in time to see a.... MOUSE!!! Ew! Ew! Ew! I can't stand mice! It was just a little field mouse, but still... ew! I start my van and go inside to tell Lee about the mouse. His response seemed like he was more interested in watching paint dry then doing something about our little rodent problem. *of course he was still half asleep*
I finally get everything taken care of and Angel and I start to walk out the side door to the garage. There were 3 small steps; I took the first step with my left foot and felt a sharp pain run up my leg (that's my bad leg, so that's pretty typical). I tried to compensate with my right, but when you are going down stairs; it's hard to do. I ended up falling and landing on my 'good' ankle. I start screaming in pain and Angel runs into my room saying, "Daddy! Come quick Mommy got hurt!" Lee runs to the stairs and tries to pick me up. *Just FYI, When I'm in pain, I can't stand being touched, I get irritable and snappy with everyone* I look at Lee and sternly say, "I'm FINE!" with tears in my eyes. He says to me, "No you're not, you need to ice that, give me the keys I'll take Angel to school." I of course have to be hard headed and get up and tell him no, and I'll take her. I start to walk and there goes the pain in both legs. Lee asks, "You sure?" "I'M FINE!!" as I leave.
I should have let him take her... just something about the way I am. I try to continue my daily routine no matter what happens. Even when I was in a wheel chair I did everything on my own I could, I guess I'm just that damn determined.
1 comments:
Yep. Hard-headed. I'm thinking it's hereditary. I definitely get it from my mom.
And a mouse? ICK!
Post a Comment