I feel like I am at a crossroads in life. I have been desperately trying to find a job, went on countless interviews, lord only knows how many people have seen my resume. Everyone I speak to says they are impressed with my resume... it only leaves me to wonder why won't they hire me?? I have NEVER had this problem before. I have always been able to find work. Why can't I now??? What did I do wrong? I know I didn't screw up EVERY interview!
Lee tells me to take it as a sign from God that there is something better waiting for me.... but that's a difficult sale right now. I know the economy is tough right now, but I thought nurses were in demand?!? I have tried to tell myself that it's just because the economy is still on the downturn... and people have lost jobs so they've lost health insurance.... it's all just a domino effect. I've really tried to tell myself that; but it's hard.
Yesterday Lee suggested I go and work for a daycare again. Honestly, I don't want to do that again. Having children 17 on one is hard and not worth $8/hour. At first he said he understood but then he contradicted himself and told me to apply. When I didn't apply he got mad at me... and it really got me upset. I Just don't want to have to do that again, I can handle the kids a couple at a time but not that many at once. I swear they all find your weak spots and exploit them (at the same time).
I do have an opportunity that I'm hoping will pan out... but I don't want to get my hopes up about it so I'm not going to even mention what it is right now. Maybe soon something will come along.... maybe.
2 comments:
I agree with Lee that something better is waiting for you... I disagree on him insisting that you go work at Daycare. I could NOT work in a daycare setting, so I totally understand your point of view.
Same thing happened here when we moved back to Ohio. Took me several months to find a job that was acceptable for me. The job that happened along is a Sat & Sun spot, 12 hour shifts, get paid for 30. That qualifies me as full-time and I get full benefits.
Keep hanging in there. Something will come along.
:)
I have been there too. It's hard to wait for God's timing.
Post a Comment