Soap Box Time

When it comes to helping; I am almost always glad to go out of my way to help anyone that really needs it. I do not however enjoy being a doormat.

My neighbor, the one I call Diva, is irritating the piss out of me!!! Two to three days a week I pick her daughter up from school. Her daughter the Naughty Neighbor is one of the worst kids I've ever babysat before. I know that this is the product of Diva's teaching; where else can a 5 year old learn such bad behavior?!?

Some of what I have caught Naughty Neighbor doing:
She pulled her pants down and crawled around the floor in front of a little boy and said to him, "Come get me." *Wow, obviously her mother is adventurous.*
Her vocabulary mainly consists of vulgar use of language, ex: "If you tell on me I'm gonna shit on you!" *And Diva though this was funny when I told her about it.*
She lies constantly about everything from arguments and stealing, to feeding the dog her dinner.
She doesn't listen to anyone; when you tell her to do something, she completely ignores you or begins to throw a screaming tantrum. * I can't stand those either!!!*
She likes to play lets murder the Barbie's and behead them all, which really hurts Angels feelings. *We have taught Angel that even pretend killings are bad*
Naughty Neighbor thinks it's funny to hurt other peoples feelings, but heaven forbid you hurt her feelings!!
Oh and her table manners are atrocious! She talks with her mouth full, smacks her lips, continually puts her elbows on the table, and didn't even know what prayer was until I taught her.

As I said before I know she learned all this from her mother. Her mother claims to be christian, but has never taken her daughter to church, taught her about God or the power of prayer. *Now I know I am by no means a saint, but my daughter knows the 10 commandments, the difference between Jesus, and God, and that the bible is here to help guide us in our daily lives*
Diva lies to everyone constantly, even when there is no reason to lie. *Diva often lies about why she needs me to watch her daughter, she will say that she has to work late, but she will pick her daughter up and have a new tan, and a manicure. Now I'm no Brian Tracy, but I believe it takes quite a while to get all that done.* Diva also openly argues in front of her daughter with her loser boyfriend, and they get physical with one another. She has no set routine for Naughty Neighbor, sometimes it's bed by 8 sometimes by 11; yes on school nights. I could keep going on and on.... this all just takes me back to my post a long time ago about What Happened To Parenting?

One of these days I will end up going off on her.... until then you guys have to listen to me get on my soap box for a while.

Sorry...

3 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

Absolutely frustrating but remember that you can only control yourself. If people want to change only they have the power to do so. Don't go off on them knowing it won't be heard.

House Wife said...

MilesPerHour: You are right. I just get so frustrated because this little girl stuck in the mix of her mothers mess, I just wish I could do more.

Anonymous said...

wow you sure are selling Tenn.!

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template