I am such a smart-ass.
I went to the school today to speak with the librarian about Clifford The Moldy Dog. (Before I went to the school I looked up some information about mold and how long it takes to grow on paper and in books. As it turns out it is about a week in the ideal environment for it to become visible.) So I march my happy ass into the school and into the library. I go up to the librarian and begin to ask about how the book was ruined. This is what she responded with…
“Well I can assure you it was dry before she received the book!”
I explained to the librarian that nothing else was messed up in her back-pack and that there is no way that it could have gotten wet in her back-pack if nothing else was wet and it had not been removed.
The librarian rolls her eyes and says, “If I could put eyes on these books I would!”
*Now those are fighting words to me especially with the tone she used!*
I was ready to just tear into her… Instead I said this…
“Okay, I’ll pay for the book, but I’m taking it with me.”
She hands me the book after I write the check and I proceed to rip it to shreds right there.
Once I was done tearing up my newly purchased book, I throw it in the trash can, and walk right out the door.
Man it felt good just to tear something up.
2 comments:
I'm glad I inspired you!!! And I love that you tore this book up!!! I would have done the same freaking thing!!!! I swear the schools think that they can talk to parents like we are children too!!!
LOL. Nice. I would have done the same thing, only I don't think I would have been able to keep my mouth shut.
Post a Comment