I Said Nothing Corny!

Okay we all remember my post about Valentines Day and how I wanted a haircut and someone else to cook dinner... Well I did get my haircut (on Friday) and sort of got the other half.

That morning we woke up and exchanged gifts, my husband received a rose,a box of Hershey's kisses and hugs, and a card. I received a card that sings "My Girl" a box of Hershey's kisses and hugs, a bear, and a giant balloon rose. Seriously thought that I had all the corny rose topics covered. Plastic, glass, real, felt........guess I missed one. This is what I got...

Okay... I know it's sweet. I do like it, I just didn't want another corny rose this year. It was sweet though.

So after we finished exchanging all that.... we gave the girls their gifts and cards and started rearranging the house.

Bedroom first: we had to rearrange it to get all of the new bedroom suite in there.

Living room second: The computer had to be taken out of the bedroom and put in the living room. So we had to rearrange the living room so the computer would fit.

Finally, the girls rooms: We moved a dresser and a chest dresser out of our room and the girls each get one... so we had to rearrange their rooms to fit those.

After lunch time we decided to go bowling... Angel had never bowled before so we though it would be a great day to teach her.

Bowling was so much fun! Angel kicked my butt because my gross motor movements are not what they used to be; but fun none the less.

We filled up on nachos, pretzels and cheese while we were bowling. Then we we went and dropped off my van to get remote start and key less entry installed. (It was really a Christmas gift that never was finished, so I'm not counting it for v-day gifts.)

After bowling we went to um mm... brain fart so I don't remember....

Then we came home and .... oh yea we went to Steak N' Shake; Lee and I ordered shakes, and chili cheese fries, and the girls got meals and shakes. Then we came home and ate. (So technically no one cooked for me.)

No nookie though, we were too friggin tired from bowling and rearranging furniture.

Sunday we had to get on top of the house and hang shingles! YEA!!! What fun!
I hate hanging shingles it takes too damn long. (Last week we had a bad storm come through and tear off part of our roof, so naturally.... we fix it ourselves because it's too expensive to let someone else do it.)

Later that day my parents called and invited us to dinner at their house. We had a lovely roast with some amazing crescent rolls.

That's it... that was my weekend. Nothing major/catastrophic/or funny. *Except that my 6 year old kicked my ass in bowling.*

So how did you guys enjoy the weekend?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a fun weekend...and a busy one. I had a good weekend myself however, I know exactly what you mean about being to tired at the end of the day. That's why first thing in the morning is so great.

MJ said...

Wow. You had a busy weekend. Mine was not near that exciting.

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template