Happy New Year!

I hope that everyone had a safe new year. I spent the evening at home with my family.

The girls had noise makers that they used before they went to bed. Angel was so excited about the new year but I knew she wouldn't be able to stay up that late. I found an old video online from the ball drop in 2008 and did the count down with her. Angel shared her noise maker with Renee *Renee didn't care for her noise maker too much* who just wanted to eat it. Then we sent both of the girls to bed.

The girls were down and I made myself a nice glass of Black Velvet and Coke. I am not a big drinker so by eleven I was feeling a buzz. Lee passed out on the couch, that's pretty usual of him. I watched Carson Daily for a while just enjoying the peace and quiet. I watched the ball drop an hour early *new york is an hour ahead of us*. After the ball dropped I was watching and saw a man on the left hand side of the screen pull out a liquor bottle and hold it in the air, then just after that a police officer started going after the guy. I had a little giggle about it.

At about 11:30 I woke Lee up and we broke out the bottle of champagne. We counted down and drank to the new year. I had told Lee about the guy on tv and said that we could see it again if we just pay attention to the left hand screen a couple minutes after the ball drops. So of course the first thing of the year Lee says to me is, "Hey so where's the guy with the liquor?" "Nice!" I tell him. I guess I expected maybe a kiss or a happy new year... or something. I suppose I got the or something *lol*.

So how was your new year? I hope that everyone had a safe and happy new year.

May this year be all you hope for!

2 comments:

Michael Horvath said...

A nice quiet evening watching a movie, eating junk and a midnight kiss from GF. That's all I needed.

Maki said...

Happy New Year!!!!

I hope 2009 will bring much happiness, health and laughter in you and your fam's life!!!

My Eve was good and New Year's have been going good.

xoxo

Copyright © 2008 - Real Confessions - is proudly powered by Blogger
Blogger Template