Okay, so I know I have not mentioned my parents or siblings before.... well here it is!
My older sister (half sister; different moms) Ann is married and has 2 boys. They live 2 states away so we don't see them very often. Her birthday was on December 1st, and that's when it all started.
My older sister and her family were living with her grandmother. On my sister's birthday, her grandmother kicked her and her family out. I don't know why because she wouldn't tell me the whole story. What a nice Grandma!
Long story short she whined until our Dad got a hotel room for her and her family. He paid up for a week. He told her that after that week was up, she better have a plan in place and somewhere to go because he couldn't afford to do that again.
We didn't hear from her for a week!
On Saturday morning at about 8:30, I get a phone call from my sister.
"Hello?"
"Hey Cass, It's Ann, I've got a problem."
"What's that?" Rolling my eyes expecting her to ask for money.
"We are halfway to Dads house and I can't get hold of him!"
"Ann? What do you mean?"
"I mean we are coming to live with Dad but he won't answer his phone."
"Does Dad know about this?"
"No."
"Okay, lemme call you back."
I call my parents and tell them what's going on. Of course they are going to take them in, but still... some kind of notice would have been appreciated.
Dad calls Ann, and now they have a place to live.
As it turns out someone called Department of Children Services on her for not having a stable home for her children. That's why she booked it down here.
Now the boys are enrolled in school and doing well. They have a home, clothes, food, and love. It's the best Christmas present they could ever ask for!
As for my sister.... I love her, but she's an adult and so is her husband, they need to find jobs!
My older sister (half sister; different moms) Ann is married and has 2 boys. They live 2 states away so we don't see them very often. Her birthday was on December 1st, and that's when it all started.
My older sister and her family were living with her grandmother. On my sister's birthday, her grandmother kicked her and her family out. I don't know why because she wouldn't tell me the whole story. What a nice Grandma!
Long story short she whined until our Dad got a hotel room for her and her family. He paid up for a week. He told her that after that week was up, she better have a plan in place and somewhere to go because he couldn't afford to do that again.
We didn't hear from her for a week!
On Saturday morning at about 8:30, I get a phone call from my sister.
"Hello?"
"Hey Cass, It's Ann, I've got a problem."
"What's that?" Rolling my eyes expecting her to ask for money.
"We are halfway to Dads house and I can't get hold of him!"
"Ann? What do you mean?"
"I mean we are coming to live with Dad but he won't answer his phone."
"Does Dad know about this?"
"No."
"Okay, lemme call you back."
I call my parents and tell them what's going on. Of course they are going to take them in, but still... some kind of notice would have been appreciated.
Dad calls Ann, and now they have a place to live.
As it turns out someone called Department of Children Services on her for not having a stable home for her children. That's why she booked it down here.
Now the boys are enrolled in school and doing well. They have a home, clothes, food, and love. It's the best Christmas present they could ever ask for!
As for my sister.... I love her, but she's an adult and so is her husband, they need to find jobs!

2 comments:
no kidding!
but some people should mind their own business, its not like she was neglecting them.
Oh no....
I hope your older sister and hubs can provide a steady home for their children. At least they can have a nice Christmas with everybody!!
BTW, I REALLY REALLY LOVE your new profile photo. Really pretty!
Post a Comment